Come On In and Stay A While

Welcome to the blog of Staja Studios. We are STAcey and JAson Thon, the dynamic duo (self proclaimed) behind Staja Studios! This blog serves as our way to keep in touch with everyone we know, like, and love. We thought it would be a fun way for people who know us to keep up with what is going on in our lives and studio, and a wonderful way for those of you who may have just met us to learn more about who we are.
We would like to bring together our professional and personal lives. You can expect to see pictures from our latest weddings, engagement shoots, portraits, etc. As well as some personal, fine art, family pics, and other projects. In addition, we will be sharing our "Cheers and Jeers", and other random ramblings about whatever strikes our fancy. In the future we are also looking for ways to make things more interactive, if you will. This may include voting for a particular marketing piece, contests, and various other activities.
Thank you all for stopping by, and don't forget to - Get Captured!
- Jason & Stacey Thon

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Thoughts Anyone???



So, I grabbed this shot in our fashion class. I have more images to put up, but while going through everything, this one really grabbed my attention. There were four of us shooting with one person at a time using the strobes. I took this shot using available light while someone else was shooting. We had a fog machine going, which gave it the misty soft focus look. It immediately struck me, because of the natural vignette and overlay feel. Although it wouldn't be your "typical fashion shot", I think it definitely has a look and feel. What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

PluimerPhoto said...

I love the mood and the look of it.
There are many things you could do with it that simply wouldn't work with usual lighting. However, what you have done here is, to me, one of the best.

ohana photographers - david , kim & april said...

my thought. fricken rad! love the feel of it jason!

Katrina said...

I love that it isn't typical, and that the vignette and texture are in camera is awesome. What is interesting, is that I just opened a clothing mailer that had many of their pictures along this same style...so though it isn't typical, I think it is on trend, for sure!