Come On In and Stay A While

Welcome to the blog of Staja Studios. We are STAcey and JAson Thon, the dynamic duo (self proclaimed) behind Staja Studios! This blog serves as our way to keep in touch with everyone we know, like, and love. We thought it would be a fun way for people who know us to keep up with what is going on in our lives and studio, and a wonderful way for those of you who may have just met us to learn more about who we are.
We would like to bring together our professional and personal lives. You can expect to see pictures from our latest weddings, engagement shoots, portraits, etc. As well as some personal, fine art, family pics, and other projects. In addition, we will be sharing our "Cheers and Jeers", and other random ramblings about whatever strikes our fancy. In the future we are also looking for ways to make things more interactive, if you will. This may include voting for a particular marketing piece, contests, and various other activities.
Thank you all for stopping by, and don't forget to - Get Captured!
- Jason & Stacey Thon

Friday, October 05, 2007

The Johnsons

I know we have fallen behind a bit on blogging about our latest weddings and I promise to get them up very soon. In the meantime though, I wanted to show off some shots from the family portrait session I did last week. The Johnsons have a brand new addition and were in town having baby Marissa baptized. Her mom is the sister of one of our gorgeous 06 brides, so I already knew the whole family! They were staying at Grandma and Grandpa's house, which is where we did their session, so I got to reconnect with everyone, it was really nice. I am originally from Wisconsin, and it was very refreshing to see the house all decked out in Packer gear for the big Viking/Packer game. Living in MN for so long (and having married an AVID Vikings fan), I must say that sometimes my vision of who I should be rooting for gets a little clouded.

I had a great time hanging out and horsing around in the backyard with this sweet family. I came away with some really great shots AND a souvenir... a little Packer football for Lauren. Thanks Lynn! Jason looooooved it! (NOT!) :)

Check out this video. (Jason's going to kill me!)



Here are some shots from the session and a fun slideshow to watch too!

Thanks guys, I had a great time!

Stacey





3 comments:

Sue said...

love, love, love the last one!
i love the sun flare!
see you tomorrow night

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

wow jason #4 & 5 are fantastic! love the movement in 5 and the pure emotion, you captured it!
thanks so much for the blog lovin. i always appreciate your input immensely. hey will you be attending the anti-workshop? i just signed up for it. if you can you should check it out. it's in vegas same time as the wppi.

Staja Studios said...

I just wanted to drop a line and give credit where credit is due. Stacey did a wonderful job on this shoot (per usual)!

- Jason